Miraculous Health Cleanse
It’s been 22 days. Each day, I have been showing up live on Facebook to give you insights on my 60-day Achievement Program targeting a cleanse. The Achievement Program signifies a commitment to wellness. It’s flexible in the fact that it could target a cleanse or any health challenge you could think of. Your commitment to better habits will help remove interference from the body so the body can heal itself. This is all possible for you too.
I’m glad to check in every day. It’s a great way to stay in touch with everyone and keep myself motivated. As you read this, I really appreciate your support throughout the journey of this miraculous health cleanse.
With all the supplements we take on the program, we keep the selection to a minimum, all the supplements help a specific purpose and help facilitate the cleanse. Here I am, with another supplement on the program! Today I’ll be talking about the second-to-last supplement on the list, and that is hydrolyzed collagen.
What Is Collagen?
Collagen is the most abundant protein in your body, which comprises one-third of human proteins. It forms the structural building blocks of your body, and present in your skin, bones, tendons, cartilages, connective tissues, muscles, ligaments, blood vessels, gut, and teeth.
Your body has different types of collagen proteins, out of which four are especially significant. These fibrous proteins in the extra-cellular matrix provide structure, support, strength, and elasticity to your body. However, you are more prone to lose the collagen produced in your body as you advance in age.
That’s one of the reasons why you need collagen supplements. My diet is vegan on this 60-day cleanse but decided to include it because of its importance. Since collagen is exclusively an animal protein, this supplement allows me to get some animal proteins into my body.
Why Multi-Collagen Proteins Supplement?
Here are 2 reasons why I’ve chosen the Multi-Collagen Protein product:
- As its name suggests, this supplement contains different types of collagen proteins including proline and glycine. These non-essential amino acids make up a lot of collagen in your body. Besides, your body can also use the extra proline and glycine as a secondary source of energy and anti-inflammatory substance, respectively.
- As you ingest the hydrolyzed collagen in the powdered form, a large part of it breaks down into more easily dissolvable amino acids that can be readily absorbed by your body. The remaining amount absorbs intact and tends to accumulate in cartilage for the long-term, which is beneficial as well.
Beneficial Effects of Collagen Supplements
Consuming adequate amounts of collagen offers you a variety of health benefits. I have found five evidence-based benefits of collagen supplements, supported by scientific research;
- Daily consumption of collagen supplements strengthens your skin and reduces visible signs of aging, such as wrinkles, dryness, laxity, and fragility,
- Taking collagen supplements relives your joint pain and decreases the risk of osteoarthritis and other joint disorders.
- Collagen plays a role in maintaining bone strength and lowers the chances of osteoporosis and bone fractures.
- Collagen peptide supplements keep your muscles strong and significantly increase your muscle mass.
- The use of oral collagen supplements increases your nails and hair growth and prevents the brittleness of nails.